Grilled pizza, where have you been all my life?

|
 
If you asked me to list my favorite things about summer, grilling would definitely be one of them. Even though around here summer has not quite decided whether it wants to stay, we've already done quite a bit of it. Well, by we I guess I should say Clayton because he tends to be the one that actually mans the grill. I, on the other hand, am the preparer. And then often the post-dinner dishwasher.

Anyways, I was searching for new grill recipes the other day and came across a bunch for pizza on the grill at eatingwell.com. I was intrigued, and honestly pretty excited to try it out. So, tonight we made a pesto, tomato & feta version. Omg. I don't think we'll ever go back to the regular oven-prepared version. Seriously, it's that good. And made with whole wheat dough, pretty healthy to boot.

Here's the recipe: Grilled Pizza with Pesto, Tomato & Feta.

I prepared mine slightly different than the recipe suggests. I split up the Whole Wheat Dough recipe (1 pound) into 6 instead of 4 to make mini-er (is that a word?) versions. Then I used roughly a tablespoon of jarred pesto for each pizza along with 1 1/3 tbsp feta and a handful of sliced grape tomatoes. I sprinkled dried basil on each since we didn't have any fresh, though I'm sure fresh basil would make it taste even more amazing.

Splitting it into 6, the calorie count is right around 300 for each, pretty hard to beat that for something that tastes this good. I'm guessing grilled pizza will probably become a staple at the Curley house this summer :)  Next up to try: Smokey Corn & Black Bean Pizza

0 comments:

Post a Comment